Today I would like to show you my altered notebook cover.
This was a project that has been on my 'wish to make' list for more than a year now!
I finally had an idea, and because I really wanted to use the new waxes from Finnabair for this project, I waited till they arrived this week...
I was inspired to use these colors because of the gorgeous moodboard from the March challenge at Mixed Media & Art . I would like to enter my project for the challenge.
I started with painting the cover with black gesso.
When it was dry, I mixed texture powder with black gesso, so it had more 'body' to use with my Distressed Diamonds Stencil from Dusty Attic.
I painted my chipboard corner pieces also with black gesso, and when they were dry, I added them with 3d gel. I gave the cover here and there a layer of clear crackle varnish and when it was dry and crackled I painted that part of the cover again with black gesso. I did the same with a leaf from chipboard (the fairy queen's hair).
The art pebbles and the chipboard words also got a layer of black gesso.
When all was dry I softly dry brushed the parts with the new waxes. I used opal magic turquiose and metallique white gold. I used some acrylic paints mermaids sparkle too, on some of the art pebbles and the chipboard words.
After all was dry brushed I glued down the sisal, flower, fairy, words and art pebbles with 3d gel.
Thank you for watching!